Lower The Antenae

Beachbum49

Cadet
My better half & I went fishing yesterday. Normally I drive the boat and she helps by raising and lowering the VHF antenae when we pull in and out of our slip. Yesterday she wanted to drive because she wants to learn how to handle the boat better. Fine with me, we fished a little, cruised a little & visited some friends. She did real good with the boat. When we arrived home I was watching her closely as she pulled into our slip. All of a sudden, BANG, sounded like a shotgun going off. I didn't even have to look, I knew. I had screwed up the one thing I was responsible for. I don't know which is worse having to replace the antenae or having to hear about my stupidity for the next 6 months.<br />8)

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Lower The Antenae

Aw, Beachbum, sorry to hear about your luck. But don't be so hard on yourself. If your wife is anything like mine, that's HER job, hehehe.

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer

if she does not harrass ya bout that the it will be something else, at least you actually did this.

cotterman

Chief Petty Officer

well obviously it's her fault....she screwed up your routine ;)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Technically she was the captain and its her fault for not telling you to do put the antena down.<br /><br /> :D :D :D <br /><br />Ken

LadyFish

Admiral

All I can say is....."I hope you got that insurance". You know, the one you should have bought for $10 extra just in case. :p

PDS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Beachbum, sorry to say, but you messed up. She never did that while you where docking or launching, and it sounds like she did a good job driving the boat. I think you owe her a 2 thumbs up and a steak dinner. PDS

LadyFish

Admiral

Beachbum, sorry to say, but you messed up. She never did that while you where docking or launching, and it sounds like she did a good job driving the boat. I think you owe her a 2 thumbs up and a steak dinner. PDS
I like the way you think PDS. :D

aspeck

Staff member

Beachbum, you better hope she gives youa rough time about it! If not, you will pay for it later, like when she goes to the mall and finds that real expensive something and you begin to complain and she begins to remind you .... take your lumps now, it will be cheaper than later!

Beachbum49

Cadet

LF, I didn't buy the insurance. I decided to save the 10 bucks because I would never be so stupid as to leave the antenna up. :rolleyes: <br /><br />PDS, I guess you're right. I'll buy a couple of steaks this weekend and let her cook 'em while I'm watching the Yankees! :D <br /><br />Aspeck, I'm real lucky in that she never has been a big spender. She shops for what she needs or for the house but she isn't one of those women who need 4 closets to store things that looked "cute" in the store. She did go on a streak for a while where she couldn't buy enough bathing suits. I didn't mind that though. ;) <br />8)