Who wants to help a starcraft brother out?

Andy in NY

Commander
Okay guys heres the deal. I just came across a 78 evinrude 85hp that the guy says needs a water pump and "the throttle sticks" as he put it. $100 cash money; problem is I don't have any cash money till next week and he (his wife) wants it gone by this weekend.

Anyone want to help me out???:D:D:D:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Who wants to help a starcraft brother out?

I ALMOST want to donate to this cause. A '78 would be awesome. That year starts the more "modern" OMC's and probably has the primer start and what not. Excellent motor.

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nice pic in that ad! The moon musta been out that night, or you wouldn't be able to see the motor at all :rolleyes::D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Oh sorry Andy, I didn't mean to imply that

Rickairmedic

Commander

Andy PM me your paypal and I will help a brotha out :D . I figure its the least I can do with all the help you guys have been since the fire .

Rick

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Cool, I'm glad someone stepped up. I looked but I'm in bad straights right now. Just paid the mortgage and insurance on two vehicles. It's a macaroni and fishsticks couple of days for us.

Our big night out was to the Salvation Army last night with the wife and kid. My kid collects knick knacks, I'm so proud.

We had one child and couldn't have anymore. So I have to share him, he likes knick knacks, teddy bears, fishing and black Trans Am's (big blocks). Wifey won't let me put him in a mullet though.:(

Rickairmedic

Commander

Andy I checked my paypal and you had donated to the Fire fund so check your paypal should be $100 bucks in there for ya :D.

Rick

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

dang i miss you guys ..... only one of the boys i know that didnt reply to this post is kev ...... sorry to hijack your thread andy ... LOL hope that motor works out for you. i found a 140 hp id like to get my hands on .... 1400 bux though ... any help out there ... just kidding LOL are you guys still chatting in the evenings ?

scott

Andy in NY

Commander

dang i miss you guys ..... only one of the boys i know that didnt reply to this post is kev ...... sorry to hijack your thread andy ... LOL hope that motor works out for you. i found a 140 hp id like to get my hands on .... 1400 bux though ... any help out there ... just kidding LOL are you guys still chatting in the evenings ?

scott

scott, i cant speak for anyone else, but i havent been lately... way too much going on to make time for it. but things are slowing down so maybe we can get some stuff going on again soon...

Rick, you are truely a saint.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Andy PM me your paypal and I will help a brotha out :D . I figure its the least I can do with all the help you guys have been since the fire .

Rick

NICE!!!!

scott

Hey looky what the cat dragged in..lol
I actually was checking this this morning to see if Andy said it was sold or what the deal was, then go from there.

..Scott..I'll help you with that 140HP..Send me your info, and you'll only have to come up with 1,399 more bucks!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Holy crap, Scott's BACK!! Glad to see you back on here buddy.

Andy in NY

Commander

NICE!!!!

I actually was checking this this morning to see if Andy said it was sold or what the deal was, then go from there.

..Scott..I'll help you with that 140HP..Send me your info, and you'll only have to come up with 1,399 more bucks!

we can always count on you for comic relief kev!

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

NICE!!!!

hmmmmmm only 1399 to go ... how many starcraft guys do we have on this forum ... LOL

Andy in NY

Commander

well i didnt end up with this motor, but i did get a different one. 72 evinrude v4 85hp with tnt and controls for 180... the guy sayws running and ready for the water... we shall see next weekend when i get it on a stand and fire it up.

oh, and its electric shift....

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

If it runs and shifts go for it. I've heard the electric shift is a good system when it's working. That TnT is worth $400.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Good deal Andy happy you were able to get a bigger motor . That should help push ya past 25MPH now :D.

Rick

douglas1978

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well if you need something i do have a 1969 85 hp in the garage right now as the the power pack is bad and the compression is a little off 100 , 120 ,120 ,130 but the l/u is good i think when u crank it the prop will spin 1/2 turn then stop when the selinoid gets preasure at least that what the manual says:)

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

that sucks andy ..... weld it maybe ??