Will admit this only cause ya don't know me

dag2

Recruit
My dad and i should have realized we should not be ones to own a boat. Ever since we bought our boat we have had nothing but adventures. My dad is 40 and he owned boats before and I, at the time, was 19 so i of course knew everything. But in acctuality we are both pretty ignorant. The day started off at 5am, we go to get the boat from our storage that doesn't open till 7, then realize we left the hitch insert at home, so we then go and wait for Wal-mart to open at 830. Finally get the trailer hooked up and get out of the storage facility only to have the trailer jump off the hitch and into the back of my pretty new truck. Once we get it into the water at a very heavily visited widlife park (holiday park, for those of you in S. FL) we struggle for 2 in a half hours to get this boat started. We have the motor cover off, taking crap apart, jumping the starter battery with our 24-volt trolling system, pumping the gas bulb, playing with the choke, it would just turn over but not start. We are already embarrassed as hell, But to top it all off, a more experienced boater (who ha been watchin this fiasco for a long while) came over and told us to push the key in and turn, and sure enough the darn thing started up. It took us another 15 minutes to get everything put back right that we had taken apart.<br /><br />That is just one of the countless things we've screwed up. You can only imagine what happened when us two rented a 53' houseboat for a week. <br /><br />We've gotten the hang of things now and all is good.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Will admit this only cause ya don't know me

Welcome aboard Dag2, I'm sure theres many others here that took a slow curve in the learning stakes!<br />It'll be good to hear some more of them.........<br />Oh, by the way, stay away from my boat ramp OK?....<br />Ross

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade

welcome dag2 there are plenty of people here with lots of experience who sometimes do funny things too I know I do

gonfishn

Commander

In the fishn world if things go to right at the ramp you ain't fishn right. Welcome here to...Wait til you get to the ramp and discover you left all your tackle at home...which is an hour back...been there...

D

DJ

dag2,<br /><br />Don't feel bad. <br /><br />We've all given ourselves, "blockhead of the day" awards!

FSHKPR

Ensign

Hey dag<br />Welcome! your gonna love this site. like everyone said "dont worry about it" once you have that boat for awhile everything will come as second nature and go alot smoother. of course that doesnt mean you wont have problems now and again. thats what keeps life so interesting.

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer

dont worry about it, if someone says that they never messed up, they are lying.

GodsBeast

Chief Petty Officer

Hey that is not so bad, lost some time, and got extra hitch now. Nobody got hurt, and you learned something. Just hang in there, Im sure I have a real Stupid Stunt story comming somewhere around the corner!<br /><br />Just one of GodsBeast's