Mercruiser Vs Aftermarket trim/pump asy?

dipthenet

Seaman Apprentice
I need to replace my entire trim pump assembly. My motor just died, the reservoir leaks, and the bracket looks as if it has a few hours before it totally disintegrates. Has anyone had any luck with the aftermarket assembly. Reason I ask is price related. Mercruiser is anywhere from $500 to a 1k. I have found the aftermarket assembly as low as $300.00. Thoughts?

betayv

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Mercruiser Vs Aftermarket trim/pump asy?

my friend install a pump from sterndrive not problem, I found a new mercruiser in the box for a good price and 1 of the solenoids went bad, have to buy the new solenoid and replaced not very happy with it.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

Howdy,

If I was looking for one I would probably get one from ebay. I lost count after looking there.

I think most of the $300 or less priced (new) ones are "after market" but I wouldn't hesitate to get one if I couldn't rebuild mine....

Regards,

Rick

Bondo

Staff member

I think most of the $300 or less priced (new) ones are "after market" but I wouldn't hesitate to get one

Ayuh,... Ditto That,...

liquidlew

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just scored on this OEM trim pump on ebay. You might see that it's the one I bought, but there is still one left as of 2:15 pm Pacific time. As soon as I saw this I jumped on it, I was watching an aftermarket setup for $229, but I was patient and kept watching every day. You can get just about everything you need to replace on the 'bay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0467082184&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0581173972&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Sheesh!!! I had to replace the reservoir on mine and it cost $186... :eek::eek:
Now I see you yanks can get a whole pump AND reservoir for $299... This is unfair!!!

liquidlew

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sheesh!!! I had to replace the reservoir on mine and it cost $186... :eek::eek:
Now I see you yanks can get a whole pump AND reservoir for $299... This is unfair!!!

Don't want to make you feel bad achris, but it was $199, not $299, and don't you get ebay down there? I've shipped to Australia before, but alot of people here don't want to ship outside the US for whatever reason... It's a little more work, but I'll ship anywhere! If I didn't have ebay, my boat would now be a jungle gym for the kids, had to replace alot of stuff on it that isn't made anymore, but I found it all on the 'bay:D...Cheers!