Good reason for taking boating course...

Strike_King

Cadet
Jetty.jpeg
This yahoo is why all new boaters should take a boating course.That's a brand new 28' boat.That's the mouth of the Merrimac River in Plum Island MA.It was the night of the Fourth of July and that numb nuts was drunk and didn't see the jetty,was coming across perpendicular to it and that's the end result.Six people were thrown and the Coast Guard had to be called in.Six days later that boat broke apart during an abnormally rough high tide.I took that pic myself the following Sunday morning after it happened.I went up there to surfcast for stripers.Anyone that knows that area,knows it treacherous for experienced boaters due to the outgoing river and incoming ocean,let alone for some newbie drunk and at night..Thankfully,nobody was killed..Really makes you wonder who is out there in the boat next to you....

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Good reason for taking boating course...

all i can say is, daaamn what an idiot!

Ralph 123

Captain

Hey That was me ... Just kidding! All I can say is Wow! <br /><br />I wish I had some salvage rights that day!<br /><br />You think those people will ever get back in a boat?<br /><br />I hope he had really good insurance because he is going to need it.<br /><br />Plum is always a great place to fish. How is the fishing there this year?

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

i am wondering why somebody would leave it there for 6 days? seems like you could put a plywood skid in front of it at a low tide and pull it down with a couple four wheelers & wenches, then drag it to the beach. i dont know but i would have tried something!

cotterman

Chief Petty Officer

geez: lucky nobody got killed!!!

Strike_King

Cadet

The boat was actually impailed on the rocks.The rocks literally penetrated the hull. SO salvaging was alot more complicated than that. Since the operator was cited for operating under the influence, and several other charges, he was in the tank for a few days.What a waste of a boat,but thankfully nobody was killed.The fishing up there has been GREAT..Just caught a couple of bluefish today,and the stripers have been great all year...

D

DJ

Money does not always equal brains.<br /><br />Of course, we all know it was the boats fault. :(

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer

One less idiot on the water, at least for now. but luckily no injuries

magster65

Commander

That's the reason our insurance is the price it is. <br />Bad boater!<br /><br />I mean bad ex-boater!

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

there isnt a pic, is there a link of some sort?<br /><br />there are a few jetties like that in the far upper Del Bay, more than one drunk Philadephia idiot (its always those philly clods :p ) has committed barnaclecide on those rocks - unfortunately, God protects drunks and (thankfully) babies, weird world eh?