Lund Tyee 1850 leak

Pmcclellan

Recruit
Hello,
I have purchased a 1998 Lund Tyee 1850 GS, it has been slowly taking on water and I believe it may be the seam rivets. I am wondering if this looks like the problem? If so would this be covered under the warranty? The boat will be in a boat slip in the water all summer and I installed a auto pump. If I sealed the seams with gluvit, in order to get through the season and had a repair done this fall would that void the warranty? (if it was be covered)

Attachments

• Tyee 1850.jpg
    Tyee 1850.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 0
  • tyee 003.jpg
    tyee 003.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 0

DonHof

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Lund Tyee 1850 leak

I think I would call the nearest Lund dealer, or call Lund it self. There phone numbers are on thier web site. I don't think I would do anything till someone looked at it. My 2 cents.

Don

SeaNymph Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think I would call the nearest Lund dealer, or call Lund it self. There phone numbers are on thier web site. I don't think I would do anything till someone looked at it. My 2 cents.

Don

I agree with DonHOF 100%,...I would call the nearest Lund dealer,or call Lund directly. Lund has a lietime warranty on the hull and I see no reason why yours would not be covered. Call to make sure first,though!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Good luck. I thought the warranty applied to the double riveted seams...... I guess you can try. If you are the original owner or had the proper warranty paperwork transferred......

Billfo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Have you gotten an answer from LUND yet ? I have a used 2000 1800Adventure- wondered about the hull warranty.

Hello,
I have purchased a 1998 Lund Tyee 1850 GS, it has been slowly taking on water and I believe it may be the seam rivets. I am wondering if this looks like the problem? If so would this be covered under the warranty? The boat will be in a boat slip in the water all summer and I installed a auto pump. If I sealed the seams with gluvit, in order to get through the season and had a repair done this fall would that void the warranty? (if it was be covered)