Old Story, but a good one.

twahl

Cadet
I'm new to the forums here and don't want to feel like a newbie, so here's my stupid human trick:<br /><br />About 1992 I'm stationed at Langley Air Force Base, and I'm secretary of the base bass club. We had this series of little tournaments amonst us, and one was at Little Creek Res. I had this little Bass Hunter plastic deal with a trolling motor that was perfect to carry around in my Toyota pickup. Me an this kid that worked for me are gonna fish the tournament but since we were carry on we didn't need the ramp. I back up next to the ramp and we unload the boat. We put it in the water and start unloading gear. About the third trip I turn around from the water's edge and the truck hit me in the chest. It popped out of gear and I hadn't set the brake. The truck hit the water and we stopped it from going further out, it was actually floating on the Bass Hunter for a while. It sank to the point that only the front line of the hood and front line of the cab were above water. We pulled it out with another truck and fished. When we got back I pulled the dipstick, no water in the crankcase. Pulled the plugs and tried to crank it, dead. So we jumped it and cranked it again to get water out of the cylinders. Hooked the plugs back up and I drove it home. Only issue I had was a bad flasher unit for the signals, and I'm still driving it.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Old Story, but a good one.

You are a true fisherman!!! :eek: Check the truck for damage after you get back :D