My own stupidness

asgrinne

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Actually OUR'S<br />Having motor issues, backed boat into launch to test run while still on trailer. Not the greatest launch a little steep. <br />Add on frustration, nighttime no extra lights. <br />Well after failure to get boat running right, go to pull back out, Darn near sunk the boat on the trailer. <br />Low transome, two holes that run cables etc. Water was free flowing into hull. Due to darkness never saw it. Bilge was not set to run. 1st time in the water for the year. Pulled it out and we had water all the way to the cuddy. <br />Duhhhh. Stupid manuver of the year. :eek: :eek:

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander
Re: My own stupidness

Man that's tough!!!!!Do yourself a favor and get a set of "muffs" and do your testing in the driveway.Happy boating.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

an automatic bilge switch is a good item to have<br />for just such occasions :) <br />safe boating,<br />M.Y.

magster65

Commander

That's a drag! My bilge pumps are always 'enabled' even if the batteries are turned off.

asgrinne

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Oh we have muffs, and an auto switch for biige. Just did not have brains engaged! Duhhh. After a few false starts the new/used rebuilt 200 Ocean Pro is running like a champ. The family 4door 205 Sundowner Cuddy gets close to acting like a semi fast comfy speed boat.