Clarion Tape deck to CD Swap. Can I Reuse My Old Wired Remote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_AGB

Seaman Apprentice
Hello, I'm going to swap out my cuddy mounted Clarion tape player in my 2000 Sea Ray 230 for a new Clarion CD/MP3 player. Thinking of getting a model M109 but I'd like to keep my dash mounted wired remote. Anyone know if this older remote will work with this new head unit? Or know a cd player it will work with.

Thanks!

Alex_AGB

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Clarion Tape deck to CD Swap. Can I Reuse My Old Wired Remote?

Heres a pic of the Remote...

DSCF0271.jpg

And heres a pic of the Head Unit...

DSCF0267.jpg

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

the remote should have a model number... I'd go to clarion's website and look for compatibility

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Wow...why does your stereo have a big hole in the front of it? What kinda cd fits in there!?:D

I don't think it'll work, but like was said, you could check with the clarion website. It depends also if the new head unit has a remote input.

Ian

PeteyDaMan

Seaman

I don't believe that the old remote will work with the M109 (or M309, CMD6), but the new series of remotes (MW1 or MW2) will fit in place of the existing remote. Consider that as very lucky.

This is a big topic of debate over on the Chaparral forums because clarion makes a custom remote (square) for our boats and they don't yet make the new model of remotes that fit into the exisiting cutouts.

Alex_AGB

Seaman Apprentice

Okay so I pulled the remote today to get the model number. It's a 6 pin Clarion M101RC-C.
I've done some searching on the net for compatibility with CD/MP3 players but came up short.

Audio Greg

Cadet

There is nothing available to make that remote work with the M109. The M109 does not have a wired remote input.
Also, current Clarion Marine models (M309, CMD6, CMV1, and CMS1) will not work as the new models will only work with the new MW1, MW2, and MW3 remotes. A new M309 or CMD6 with a MW1 will give you some nice new features, but you would have to run a new remote cable and might be kinda pricey.

If you don't want to buy a new remote and run the new cable, look for last year's model M475 or CMD5. It will plug right in and all the buttons will work, except possibly MUTE in AM/FM.

Alex_AGB

Seaman Apprentice

There is nothing available to make that remote work with the M109. The M109 does not have a wired remote input.
Also, current Clarion Marine models (M309, CMD6, CMV1, and CMS1) will not work as the new models will only work with the new MW1, MW2, and MW3 remotes. A new M309 or CMD6 with a MW1 will give you some nice new features, but you would have to run a new remote cable and might be kinda pricey.

If you don't want to buy a new remote and run the new cable, look for last year's model M475 or CMD5. It will plug right in and all the buttons will work, except possibly MUTE in AM/FM.

Thank you for the help. I ordered a m475 on ebay tonight!

l008com

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Wow...why does your stereo have a big hole in the front of it? What kinda cd fits in there!?

It's for his 8-Tracks.

Yes, I resurrected this ancient thread just to make an 8-track joke. And I'll do it again! You can't stop me!

Status
Not open for further replies.