I can't believe this

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Year after year, Ohio's fishing license has always gone up in price. To my surprise, they have now made it that if you were born before 1958, your license is $10. Yeeehaaa,,,,,I fit in that catagory!...........:D

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I can't believe this

AAAHHH YES!!!!!!! Pennies from heaven!!!!!!!

TilliamWe

Banned

Glad for you, but that sure sounds like age discrimination to me?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Hmmmm I wish the State would take this as a suggestion but I know they will never do that here......... I am jealous and also old enough ;)

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... NYState came up with Senior's licences a few years back,...
1st it was anybody over 60....
Then it was over 65...
Then over 70...
Now it's over 75...

Just like Social Security,...
They keep raising the age, so that nobody can live Long enough to get the Deal....

This year licences went up just under Double...:rolleyes:

angus63

Captain

Ayuh,... NYState came up with Senior's licences a few years back,...
1st it was anybody over 60....
Then it was over 65...
Then over 70...
Now it's over 75...

Just like Social Security,...
They keep raising the age, so that nobody can live Long enough to get the Deal....

This year licences went up just under Double...:rolleyes:

... and NY State added a recreational saltwater license requirement, never thought I'd see the day...

D

DJ

You must be the ONLY one in Ohio over 58. The rest of them are here, in Arizona!;)

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

My grand-daddy had a somewhat different approach to this issue. He simply refused to get a fishing license at all. While this was many years ago, when you could get away with such things, especially when you lived in a dinky little state (RI) and knew every game warden, cop, etc. within a hundred miles, he was adamant about the issue. He would simply say, "these aren't the state's "GD" fish, they are God's fish and I'll be damned if I'm payin' the "GD" state to catch some of God's fish, which He gave to me to enjoy, now go away!"

:D

???

angus63

Captain

My grand-daddy had a somewhat different approach to this issue. He simply refused to get a fishing license at all. While this was many years ago, when you could get away with such things, especially when you lived in a dinky little state (RI) and knew every game warden, cop, etc. within a hundred miles, he was adamant about the issue. He would simply say, "these aren't the state's "GD" fish, they are God's fish and I'll be damned if I'm payin' the "GD" state to catch some of God's fish, which He gave to me to enjoy, now go away!"

:D

???

The spirit your Grand-Daddy possessed is permeating my neck o' the woods. I commercial fish on "days off" because I like it, but many of my colleagues fish for their main source of income. The squeeze is creating rebels of good people and extinguishing a generations-old way of life.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

SS,
thats not what it says on odnr web site :( it says 66

http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/regulations/vendor.aspx

where did you hear before 1958?

woosterken

I was at the Charles Mill Marina last week and asked them about what I had heard on the radio. He said I heard right. I'll probably go up there after work tomorrow and get my license. If it is $10, (which they said it was) I'll let you know.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

that's because it's only proper for guys who were in the state before the dirt itself to get a break on fees...........LOL

older then dirt............LOL

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Well, I picked up my license today. As in my title "I can't believe this" was TRUE. Even though I heard it on the radio and a guy at the marina said that he had heard it as well, ITS NOT TRUE. The license is up $1 from last year. Now that is something that I do believe. Go figure.....:D

heycods

Captain

Mine is still 60 bux :( wish I had bought the lifetime license when I was a young whippersnapper.

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

Where I live in Nova Scotia the annual license is $6.15 for all those 65 years of age or older. I smile every time I buy my license now.