Merc 100hp bogs at high rpm's

olsenk514

Seaman
Hi...I have a 1990 merc 100hp that is not getting up to full rpm's. It idles fine and takes off fine, but once I get past 1/2 throttle it bogs, almost like a groaning noise. Seemed like a fuel delivery issue, so I rebuilt the fuel pump, tore apart and thoroughly cleaned all carbs and jets, and replaced all of the hoses leading to the carbs...

Nothing has changed...
Carbs seem to be getting plenty of fuel, but i'm not sure. If I go WOT from a standstill it takes off like a rocket, but once I hit a certain rpm it starts to bog. Choking the engine doesn't make a difference, nor does squeezing the primer bulb.

Could this be a problem with the stator/switchbox. I'd like to get this pinpointed before I spend money on parts.

Thanks

carrera1984

Cadet
Re: Merc 100hp bogs at high rpm's

We Seem to be having the same issue, here is my thred, its got a bunch of things to try... http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=374680

I got my boat from storage today and tomorrow ill be checking everything from land and Saturday if the weather is good ill be on the lake testing with a load on the engine which is only when it has that issue. I also rebuilt the fuelpump but not the carbs.

Let's keep each other posted on progress... we may be able to get this solved sooner then we think.

-Ryan