mercury trigger

jaguar100

Recruit
mercury 115hp 1968 inline 6 cylinder thunderbolt ignition need to find a trigger can anyone help me, part number on unit is 393 2796 cant seem to find any listing for it. problem started when battery lead came of at full throttle and now it just missfires and will not run changed switch box and rectifier also coil still no good, just getting intermitant spark can this be trigger please help has anybody got one many thanks dave

EazzeO

Cadet
Re: mercury trigger

Hi there
Sounds like it is the trigger. Almost same thing happend to me. Test trigger for resistance (OHMS). Mine read 0 and I replaced for 60 bucks from my local marine and it worked great after. Was also told it could be the stator and you test that the same way.
Well good luck with it.
cheers

lathehand

Cadet
Re: mercury trigger

I had a bad trigger in my 150 merc .I had found in a shed at my local marina a complete disributor from a inline 6 they had know idea what it came off of .I do know it wasn't off of a 150.Anyway at 20 bucks I couldn't go wrong . The only diffrence was mine only had bolts holding it on and the one I found had to be nut and bolted on. I installed it and she runs like new.The thing is a engin that old don't be to fussy about part numbers.Good luck