BlueWater marine Paint question

voyager al

Cadet
Bought some Mega Gloss from iboats. ready to paint this weekend, and have a question. Havent had any replys from BlueWater. Directions are vague. Question is on recoat time. This is a polyurethane,1 part . says it drys to touch in 4 hours, and that 2 coats are recommended, YET there is no recoat time mentioned.. I plan on roll and tipping the boat decks, and would use Penetrol for better flow-out. Any recommendations? Do 2 coats right away, 4 hours between, or 24 hours. really seems wierd that they wouldnt mention it in directions. online hasnt helped,either.Disappointed that they didnt reply to my question.

dedios

Cadet
Re: BlueWater marine Paint question

I'm not experienced with boat paints, but any polyurethane paint needs to dry completely before second coat. The results will be devastating and time consuming for making it right. Drying time will depend on temperture and humidity level. i would wait 24hrs for sure. Why rush a good job? I hope this helps

voyager al

Cadet

THANKS. Hoping to call them today if I get a break today.. Hoping they answer the phone.

voyager al

Cadet

I did talk to a tech today, and he was very helpful. 8 hours minimum was his answer. Overnite is best. Also got a email from someone, a sales guy, i am sure. wanted me to buy paint fron him, not iboats next time. yea, right.....