What is the thing that holds control cable to the motor and where to find it?

andreipou

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello,

I need to find those little things that hold throttle and shift cables to the sidse of the motor.
It is like a small "bracket" or "snap" or else. You insert cable end vertically into it and then turn cable end horizontally and it is held by it.
I do not know the correct name for it.
This things are not shown on motor parts diagram, maybe they are not considered as a part of the motor.
They are the same for Johnson and Evinrude older motors of different HP.

If anybody knows where I can get them please let me know or at least tell me the correct name for them so I can search.

Thanks.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: What is the thing that holds control cable to the motor and where to find it?

They are usually shown in the "OB Accessories" sections.

Does it look like the one in the thumbnail?

Attachments

• 1979 Remote cable kit.jpg
    1979 Remote cable kit.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 0

andreipou

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What is the thing that holds control cable to the motor and where to find it?

No,

The one I need is one piece of metal with 2 "curcled horns" and 2 screws to attache to the motor.
You insert the control end between the "horns" and turn 90 degrees and "horns" hold the end.

andreipou

Petty Officer 1st Class

You are correct!
I found them in OB Accessories.

They are THROTLE LOCK and SHIFT LOCK.

Thanks for the help!

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

You need to narrow it down, so go to the BRP/Evinrude parts catalogs and navigate through "parts" to the first window and select "OB Accessories" then go to the year and select "remote control". There are different fixtures in different years and for different HP ratings.

http://shop.evinrude.com/