Evinrude 115 year?

john purdy

Recruit
Hi all, I just pickup a 115hp. evinrude outboard was told it was a 1977 where do I find the motor numbers to find the true year. It has the red control plug, I'm putting it on a v163 glastron I just got [Im a newbey] so I will be asking a lot of questions. Any input would be helpful. Thanks John

Wishiniwuzfishin

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Evinrude 115 year?

I have a 1974 115HP Johnson and if your ID tag is where mine is you can find it on the left transom bracket just under the tilt/run lever when looking at it from behind the motor. It's a stamped metal tag riveted to the transom bracket with your model and serial number on it.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

also look for a silver disc (freeze plug) on the block of the motor.

john purdy

Recruit

Hi, Thank's for the input I found out its a 1975 model num.115593B. Thank's John

Wishiniwuzfishin

Chief Petty Officer

My motor is on a 1974 V178 Glastron. Sounds like we have similar rigs. Any pics of your boat?

john purdy

Recruit

Hi, I don't have any pics yet she's stuff in my garage if the weather hold out I want take some this weekend an I'll post them. She just needs a good buff job, a new steering cable[old one to stiff]an windshield is check. I would like to see your boat also.I live 20 miles north of Pittsburgh not that far south of you it sounds like. Later John