Lost power running on one cylinder WHY?

dom1

Recruit
hi all, i purchased a 1977 15 hp johnson recently that looked in good condition, not much use for its age from the original owner. it started straight away and ran well but did not pump much water, just a trickle. easy as a new water pump kit was to be expected. so i replaced the water pump with the usual problems such as snapped bolts just to test ones patientce and is pumping water like a jet, then checked the thermostat and to my surprise there was not one so i bought one and put it in. started fine water pump working but on the water it bogs down. so i got home and checked and it is now only running on one cylinder. so i checked the coils by swapping them around and they both work individually just not at once so i can only get it to run on one cylinder could it be the power pak or have i installed all the cables and wires wrong as it was running on both cylinders when i got it as i tested it on the water. does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model or any suggestions, i thought of buying a new power pak but there is a no return policy on them if all else fales i suppose i will have to cheers dom1