1976 Wizard 9.9(sears gamefisher?)

dancudayo

Seaman
Hello, I just got a Wizard outboard Mod# ESK6610A67. I have been looking for parts and seen many folks on here say how they are hard to find. Went on ebay and through a question at a guy selling parts, he says it's that same as the sears. Looking at a spec sheet someone posted on here I found a sears of the same year and h.p with Mod#217.586211, went to sears parts and the thing looks almost identical to mine. My question is to all you experience folks on this matter, is this the same thing? Thanks again, Dan :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1976 Wizard 9.9(sears gamefisher?)

Well, yes and no. Eska made outboards to be sold as Ted Williams (Sears), Wizard, some Sea Kings, and others, but each of those also sold outboards made by other manufacturers at different times.

You will probably find that your outboard shares parts with other "brands" that have similar model numbers.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Your motor is Eska built 9.9 Sears 586211,Eska 1978C.
These have ,to me, a complicated ignition.The has a poor reputation.
Difficult to find and expensive.If you search here for Eska 9.9 and 15 you may find some helpful unfo.My aftermarket Intertec service manual 69-89covers these motors fairly well.

dancudayo

Seaman

yah I've read that about the ignition system alot on here. at the moment it seems to be running good and strong. I want to replace the impeller for sure, do you guys know if the sears impeller would be the same? I've read of people getting something close to the original impeller and doing some modifications to it like sanding it down. If I have to do that what one might be similar? thanks you guys for the advice, Dan