Please help me find the idle speed adjustment screw?

erikpn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Where could it be? It's a 87 force 35. I have a service manual, the drawing showing it is very poor and I have no idea what it's a picture of or where it should be on the motor. Should it be on the carb? On the throttle cam? Close to the idle mixture screw? If someone has a force 35 and can take a picture to show me I'd be extremely grateful.

foodfisher

Captain
Re: Please help me find the idle speed adjustment screw?

Idle speed adjustment should be timing related.

erikpn

Petty Officer 1st Class

I give up on everything. Everything sucks. I hate this motor with a passion. I moved some wiring to install a hose clamp, and when i tried to start it i noticed the motor was throwing a spark from the starter solenoid. I put every wire back where it was, I disconnected absolutely no wire at all. Then it kept throwing sparks every time I tried to start it, bigger and bigger each time. The starter will crank jerkily in very slow motions now. I have no idea what it is. All the wiring is correct and in good shape. If its not one thing, its another.

backyard mechanic

Petty Officer 1st Class

When you get a new engine (new to you) it's a good idea to get a service manual matching it. Inside you will find a carb section, electrical section with wiring diagrams etc. all the "systems" dealing with your motor.

Slow down and take a breath... Take time to learn about your engine. As things come up read about the subject and how it works. Take in all you can about how it works and why it works. That knowledge will lead to a better understanding of the system and eventually it will tell you what isn't working.

One thing you will find is that many will sell an engine because they are frustrated and just want to get rid of the problem. In short... because it's there, doesn't mean that's where it belongs or because it's there its at the correct setting. Check and recheck yourself.