Locked out !!!!!!! <GRRRR>

204 Escape

Ensign
A month and a half ago, we bought a 1982 Lincoln Mark 6 car. Yesterday, I went to get into it, used the keypad on the door, the lock worked. I grabbed the door handle, and SNAP, a piece of metal hit the ground. It has a "curve shape" to it. SO, I re-do the key pad, and unlock the other doors. (The passenger door has had to be opened from the inside, seems the lock don't release/allow it to work).

BUT, I get the back doors to open up, get in the car and go home.

Today, the keypad still works, and I'm thinking that I will get a new door handle, and life will be good, right !? NOT !! tonight I wanted to get back into the car, and the keypad don't work at all !!!!

NOW, I can't get to the hood release, NOR get the doors open. Now what ??

Suggestions ??

4JawChuck

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Locked out !!!!!!! <GRRRR>

Slim jim the passenger door and get in, if you don't have one call a lock service...they will have one.

Sounds like your battery is dead.

j_martin

Admiral

Mr. Murphey doesn't want you to own that car.:D

mike243

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well where's the keys,both front doors have locks for the key ,i havent seen any car made that the key wouldn't work on both front doors? ,the window aint rolled down is it? ;) :D ,thems good old cars that ride great,needs some tlc ,mike243

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

+ 1 for the slim jim.
Did not make the Mark 6 long at all, I'm partial to the 7'S and generation 2 8'S myself.

D

DJ

The Mark VI and Town Car are identical, except trim.

The key should still work in the door(s). Otherwise "Slim Jim".

The door handles are the same, side to side. You can swap them and use the lock rod hole on the other side of the handle.

xxxflhrci

Chief Petty Officer

1982 Lincoln....hmmm...Break the window out with your cane.:D

OnTheWaterNow

Petty Officer 1st Class

I locked the ony set of keys I had in my truck forgot my code.Kept typing in all kinds of possible codes nothing.Light quit comming on when I would attempt new code. found the code and tried it nothing.called ford they said I reset it by messing with it so much.They gave me instructions how to reset it and make new code. It opened.Call a dealer.It may work to reset the key pad.