cleaning spark plugs with vinegar

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
I read here that you can clean your plugs with white vinegar so while I have the boat on the trailer I tried it. I only have about 35 hours on the plugs and they looked OK, but the next day I had a big mass of floating gunk on top of the plugs. I guess I never need to buy new ones again!

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: cleaning spark plugs with vinegar

worked great. I put them in a shallow plastic bowl and covered with vinegar; the next day there was an oil slick and chunks floating on top of the vineger; wiped some loose stuff off with a paper towel.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Never had any luck cleaning plugs and since they are 2 bucks a peice why take the chance of getting stranded.

2 strokes can be really picky when it somes to plugs, I have just found nothing is better than new.

CaptainHook

Petty Officer 1st Class

Never heard of cleaning plugs with vinegar. I usually give them a couple shots of starting fluid and then wipe them and let them dry. Works alot faster than sitting over night!!!

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

Carb cleaner and a blast of air. I rarely have cleaned them, so I'm not an expert. Every year they get replaced and then their pulled every few months for a visual inspection.