Paint code or somewhere to find matching paint

jdcarter

Seaman Apprentice
Anyone know a website where I can find some paint to repaint my 1993 Evinrude 175? I've been searching and can only find vintage sites.

Thanks for the help!!

Proselect

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Paint code or somewhere to find matching paint

If you go to an automotive paint specialty store they usually have a camera that they can put on your motor and it scans it for the color. Then they can mix you up the color in any paint you want, even in a spray can. At least there is a place 4 blocks from my house that does that, i'm sure its pretty common.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

Once you check the websit that jtexas mentioned, it will show a color part number for your specific engine. Give that part number to any Bombardier dealer and they should be able to get you an aerosol spray can of paint in the exact color.

jdcarter

Seaman Apprentice

preciate the help guys!!

jdcarter

Seaman Apprentice

well - guess i need a little more help! :)

Ok - looking at the online parts diagram it lists 5 different colors for my make/model/year - I know its not white or black so cross that out - the next 3 is Charcoal, Blue, and Blue...

I think its charcoal but in the sun it has a blue tint. Looking at the blue options available in an aeresol can which looks too blue for my motor - would it be safe to say mine is Charcoal? Seems like I remember someone saying its actually charcoal and not blue...
Its the 175 Intruder motor which is a dark color and not the light blue/silver...

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

Unlike Yamaha, OMC never put the paint code into the part number for the main engine cowling, so it is hard to tell. The good news is that the spray cans are under $10 each, so you don't risk much if you buy a can and it turns out wrong.

jdcarter

Seaman Apprentice

Yea i guess you're right about that... Well I went ahead and ordered the charcoal so we'll see when it comes in... Thanks for the help!

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

If your current order doesn't work out, try these folks. The website seems to be down at the moment, but you can call them. They will color match a part that you send to them, mix the paint and deliver it in either a regular can or a spray can.

I've used them and found them to be good. I also had no problem getting the part back - they seem to be very careful about not losing things.

www.towerpaint.com
922 Oregon Street
Oshkosh, WI 54902-6455
(920) 235-6520

???

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

You might also try nymarine.ca. They have a pretty good paint line up for the older motors:cool: