Fishermen leak twice

wiggler

Cadet
My uncle has this ancient V hull alum. boat from the 50's with a ragged old Sea Horse that actually runs pretty good.<br />Once we we're a few beers deep nature called. Friends, and y'all know this, you should always coordinate your activities with you fishing buddy in these little boats.<br />We didn't and both stood at the same time. It wasn't until about mid stream that the balance shifted.<br />Like the old "weeble" toy, we wobbled, but unlike the former, we did fall down. With rears hanging in the water and arms stretched across grabbing whatever they could find, we made about a 45 degree pitch (or is it roll?).<br />ANYWAY, water rushes in like a small Niagra falls. THIS BOATS GOING DOWN! (and we're both caught with our... well you know).<br />Apparently, once she filled about half way with water she righted herself and stemmed the tide.<br />With A**es wet we bailed water and made it back to the cabin. <br />Somewhere on the bottom of Clarks Hill lake lay the throttle knob and a Zebco 33 (still in the rod holder)

Fouled Plug

Ensign
Re: Fishermen leak twice

Glad to hear you both made it! Most of the boating fatalities in my neck of the woods are alcohol-related. :(

wiggler

Cadet
Re: Fishermen leak twice

yea, here too. Going out and getting drunk on the water is pretty much the stupidest human trick! The alcohol that day was merely a catalyst though, stupidity played a much bigger roll! I was young and foolish back then. Now I'm older and... well lets just say not as stupid ;)