Will this hurt my outdrive?

MDSCP

Recruit
I'm a new Volvo DP owner and new to this forum so please bear with me.

I have a 1991 570A with a DP-A outdrive. I bought a rebuilt set of B4 props from a guy in the electrical business who got them as part of the assets of a marine company. The #'s match. They both have a tag that says that they were repaired for the DNR.

The forward prop's tag notes a hub and blade repair. However, the forward prop didn't look quite like the old one (which was partly good, because the old set looks mismatched; no ID #s on them) and I finally realized that about 3/4 of an inch of the hub rim has been removed. I can see cut marks through the paint and though they did a neat job, it is definitely not factory.

The result is that when I put them on I end up with a 3/4" gap between the lower unit's anode ring and the prop hub.

My question is: Will these hurt my outdrive? Will the gap mess up water flow or be a debris magnet? I'll end up with a gap anyway as the zinc deteriorates. If I care, should I try to make a PVC piece to attach either to the hub to lower unit to fill the gap? If the PVC comes loose will it just get chewed up without hurting anything?

I'm really trying to get my boat ready early this year so I can enjoy the summer. Any knowledgable advice would be greatly appreciated.