$$paint$$$????

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class
im shopping prices for paint right now,
ive priced rusto $12.87 a qt @ lowes, not my 1st choice.
west marine interlux brightsides 45.99 a qt and i found a clearance shelf with a qt of pettit easypoxy ocean blue 41.99 w/ 20% off, and a gal of easypoxy white 99.99 w 20% off, btw i only need 2 qts for the exterior hull, but at 41.99 a qt the gal is a no brainer. the white undercoat is 38.99 a qt.
i really dont know how these compare for durability and ease of application, have read a few threads using the easypoxy and am prone to lean that way due to the results ive seen by picture, ezmobee, micks110.
ive not seen any of the interlux used does it apply by roll and tip? is it a similar quality paint?
im only doing this boat one time and want to do it right, so give me your opinions/experiences please
thanks in advance, Dennis
input on pricing as well please.

carbineone

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: $$paint$$$????

I just painted my topside on my little GW Invader and just went with the low priced Rustoleum topside.I got it at Menards on sale for 11.00.It seems to be good paint and it was in my price range.I think it may be good stuff and have read some say it is.I am not a proffesional and the first boat I painted but I think for a ameteur it did pretty well.I would have maybe bought more expensive paint if it was available locally but probably not as I am a Cheap***.

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: $$paint$$$????

check out wholesalemarine.com

i paid less than $30/qt for Interlux Brightsides and Pettit Easypoxy