2010 Tracker Pro Team 170

jonthomas21

Cadet
I just bought a 2010 Tracker Pro Team 170 yesterday. I took it out on the lake for the first time yesterday also. After getting back home I took the drain plug out and a small stream of water drained out for about 2 minutes. Is this normal? This is my first time owning a boat and I'm still learning.
Thanks,
Jon

DonHof

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2010 Tracker Pro Team 170

Jon,

I wouldn't think that was normal. If you take the plug out there shouldn't be any water on a new boat. I would do a search on Tracker welds.

Don

izoomie

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome to the board.

Is there a chance any water came over the side. Any splashing while testing the handling of the boat. Use of the Anchor, pulling fish or bait buckets into the boat all can pull a little bit of water into the boat.

koko1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

How long was you out? Did you ever turn on the bilge? Like Don said a new boat should not be getting much if any water in..How much do you think came out? With it being brand new I would take it back and have them look at it, better safe than sorry since it will not cost you anything...

jonthomas21

Cadet

I was in the water for 5 hrs. yesterday. I didn't turn on the bilge. I accidentaly hit the switch with my knee one time but that was it. I would say probably a fifth or 25 ounces ca,e out.

koko1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I would have them check it out...25 ounces of water in a new boat for only 5 hours is not right....Or you can wait until the next time you take it out, make sure the plug is in tight, and after a few hours turn on the bilge, see how much it pumps out.. If any I would defiantly have them look at it...

cwhite6

Petty Officer 1st Class

Where do the livewells drain to? I have heard of some draining in the boat maybe? Did you fill the livewells and then drain them? Also, did you do any sudden stops from full throttle where water could have splashed over the back of the boat into the engine well? Has the boat sat outside with the plug in it in the rain? Could be from that.

DonHof

Petty Officer 1st Class

I wouldn't think the live wells drained in to the boat, I away though they drained out the bottom.

Don

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

A few things it could be.......

Since this is a new rig is there a possibility that the water got in and due to the trailer angle never drained before?

I would also have the livewell connections inspected for proper sealing both the lines and through the hull drains.

cwhite6

Petty Officer 1st Class

The reason I brought up rain is the Bass Pro Shops and marina here that sells these boats stores most of them outside and not under a cover. If the trailer has never been tilted before, it may have had rainwater in it. I would bring it out on the water again after making sure it is drained and see what it does.

jonthomas21

Cadet

The trailer and boat was kept in an enclosed showroom. I didn't have the livewell filled with water at any time. I checked it when I finished fishing and there was no water in there. However, I did have a few sudden stops from full throttle. That may have caused it. The boat has never sat outside. The day it happened it came from the boating dealership to the lake and to my house. I took the plug out when I got it home and that is when I discovered the water. Thank you all for your help. I think it may have been from the sudden stops from full throttle after thinking about it.

DonHof

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think I would take it out again and try it, with out the sudden stops. See what happens if there is water take it back to the dealer.