Boat value.

nimmor

Petty Officer 1st Class
Came into a little extra cash and I am looking to upgrade from my little v-hull jon. I was looking on craigslist and found this.
http://lexington.craigslist.org/boa/1659890015.html
Seemed a little high but doing a quick google search I have found similar Trackers for even higher, then again I have found some cheaper but they don't appear to be in as good of shape. I went to NADA's site to get a boat value but they only go back to 1983 on Trackers. So a couple of questions. Does this price seem justified if it is in as good a shape as listed? And does anybody know where I can look up the retail value of this boat. One plus to this boat is I live in the same area.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Boat value.

30 year old boat!! how many No Longer Available parts will that Mercury need.

2,700 imho, is ridiculous.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

For some reason, those kind of boats seem to buck all pricing trends. I suppose it's because they don't really wear out. That's certainly on the high end but I've seen others priced similarly.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

That's about $1000 or more over value. Look up a 1983 and then the value of a 1983 40 hp motor........ It's coming into the season and people will try to get every penny they can.

Older trackers were known for having poor quality plywood and I would check for soft spots.

koko1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I live in Alabama and just sold my 1992 Bass Tracker for $3500...It had a 70 HP evinrude, 2 fish finders, 45 LBS trust trolling motor, live well, 2 bank battery charger and was in better shape with little oxidation ... IMO that is way to high, maybe around $1500-$2000 would be more reasonable. Here is the boat I sold just to give you a example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... Koko,... Edit your picture to 480x640,... Or Delete it...