Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Option B: Veada $135

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • neither, both are junk!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dan the tuna

Cadet
I wanted to check and see if anyone has used either of these 2 pedestals with height adjust, slide, and swivel functions. The price on both seems reasonable. I have found many for far more expensive so I am wondering if these are going to be junk...

Option A: $110
http://www.iboats.com/Adjustable-Height-Locking-Seat-Pedestal-with-Slide-Wise-Boat-Seats/dm/*******.690656069--**********.855888065--view_id.375739--viewcart.long
wp21-374_0.jpg

Option B: $135
http://veada.com/product/8-Boat-Hinges-and-Pedestals/359--Mainstay-Adjustable-Pedestal-wLocking-Slider-Swivel.html?utm_medium=comp&utm_source=froogle
359-4-md.jpg

Questions:
1) Are these pedestals going to be junk? Cheap/fall apart?

2)Are the top of the pedestals universal? Will either these fit any seats, or am I limiting myself with seat choice?

3) What type of pedestal are you using? Swivel? Slider? Adjustable height?

(Boat info in signature)

I'll be mounting to this (see picture) area of the boat for Driver and passenger seating. I plan to reinforce the floor in those two areas (I found some good threads with info on mounting pedestals!)

25153_953142812138_13705128_52200365_2016191_n.jpg

I'm not sure how the "poll" feature works on this forum, but I'd like to have people vote "Optioin A", "Option B", or "neither, they both are cheap junk"

BaileysBoat

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: deciding between 2 pedestals w/ height adjust, slide, swivel

The Wise pedestal is 2 7/8", stronger than the 2 3/8 Mainstay. Both sliders are 13x5 and will accommodate roto-molded and most other seats.

The gas feature is nice but the Wise is more robust.

TahoeQ4Pilot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sweet. I have been thinking about replacing my pedestals because they dont have a height adjustment, the Wise looks like just what the doctor orderded!

Mordekai

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Coo, please if you can take before and after pics,
I'm interested to see if the bolt holes lined up and can reuse the existing holes in the floor.

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

Do they use the same bolt hole mounting pattern? If so, buy both and return the one you don't like.