67 Cuddy

dodge_punk

Seaman
you all seen the pics of it, its not to bad of shape, floor is okay, was thinkin about just puttin some wood down with supports... how hard is it to pull out the floor to replace the plywood? i dont need to replace any wood in the cabin, just the main floor... someday that is.... whats the main process of doing that?

fshngho

Lieutenant
Re: 67 Cuddy

DP, you can look at ANY resto thread to see how the floors are done. To be honest, its a great idea to take an hour or twelve and read a few of the restos that have been done. North Beach, EZ's. Cheapboatkev, to name a few. They will help in the demo as well as the install. Pay attention to what type floor you want to install, many people warn against useing pressure treated plywood. Most use exterior grade ply and glass it, or use marine grade. It is said the cost is about the same either way by the time all materials are added up.:confused: You might want to think hard about doing it all at once, and do it right, so that you can enjoy it for many years to come. Good luck, Dale

dodge_punk

Seaman

well thats the plan, is to take time, and do it right. then there is the easy way... which will cost about the same amount... i already have some plywood, I dunno what kind it is, i just know its 5 ply, and very verry strong, I am going to water treat it tomorrow, and set it away till its time for install, as of now im just cleanin it up, doin some sanding, gettin rid of stuff that doesnt belong ect... so far. so well, today was my day off of work,, spent 7 hr straight workin on it, and thinkin about it, I got nothing done really lol, like i said, just sanding and cleanin it up as of now, thanks for lettin me know about the tech pages and restore pages ect.. thanks!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

When replacing your deck, it's all about how long you want it to last. You can go anywhere from a couple coats of a good porch & floor paint, all the way to fully encapsulated in glass. I think I went somewhere in the middle with exterior grade ply coated in a couple coats of epoxy.