97 evinrude ocean pro 150 fuel restriction

86seaox

Recruit
i just recently got my boat back on the water after it sitting for two years and i dont know what else to do. the motor idles fine but when i get up on plane the boat will run wide open for about ten min or so than the check engine light comes and the horn sounds and looses power and the primer ball goes flat. ive replaced, the gas line from the tank to the motor, the filter and the primer ball. ive also checked the tank vent and the anti-siphon valve. when the motor does this ive noticed when i disconnect the gas hose from the filter and put my finger over it it seems to be pulling alot of pressure. any help would be appreciated

mikesea

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 97 evinrude ocean pro 150 fuel restriction

the best way to test if tank has vet problem is open the fill cap,possoble bug got up in the vent hose,if you can borrow a portable tank,that will help isolate the tank set up,possible blockage at the pickup tube in the tank,or whithin the pick up assy.,the ball going flat is pretty much telling that the restriction is before the ball,o it would be in one of the items I mentioned,ooften,if there happens to be a brass fitting with the alum,there is a corrosive effect,a bit of gunk in an elbow ,or other fitting could be trouble,you might want to remove the while pick up assy and check throughly

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Check the fuel filter screen on the fuel pickup tube in the tank, as well as the tank vent for clogs. Trying a portable tank will help isolate the restriction as well.

86seaox

Recruit

i checked the tank and pickup im goin to try another tank in the mourning but ive checked the vent but i doubt its before the ball it feels like theres way too much vaccum pulling gas to the motor i tried everything i could think of. people ive talked to said it could b the enrichcment valve but im not sure where to start lookin for other solutions
THANKS

clanton

Rear Admiral

It is fuel restriction from the primer bulb back to the tank. Which could be primer bulb, filter, thru hull fittings, fuel line too small kinked, anti siphon valve. Guage from sears with T from discount auto, insert into fuel line, Guage used for pressure or vacuum. Vacumm max 4 lbs. All fuel lines and fittings must be 3/8.