Grounds can be tricky little devils.

nimmor

Petty Officer 1st Class
Wanted to post this in case someone else ever has this trouble. Was checking the lights on my trailer today. Everything worked except the tailights. Well as has been said before the 3 main causes of light issues is
1. Bad ground
2. Bad ground
3. Bad ground
So I start checking the grounds. I had a broken ground on the driver side light. Even though each light has it's own ground the passenger side wasn't even working and all the other light functions were. Like I said they are tricky little devils. So if you are having lighting issues ALWAYS check those grounds first thing.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Grounds can be tricky little devils.

Wanted to post this in case someone else ever has this trouble. Was checking the lights on my trailer today. Everything worked except the tailights. Well as has been said before the 3 main causes of light issues is
1. Bad ground
2. Bad ground
3. Bad ground
So I start checking the grounds. I had a broken ground on the driver side light. Even though each light has it's own ground the passenger side wasn't even working and all the other light functions were. Like I said they are tricky little devils. So if you are having lighting issues ALWAYS check those grounds first thing.

So you read one of my trailer lighting posts then !!!!
Glad it worked out for you.

nimmor

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Grounds can be tricky little devils.

So you read one of my trailer lighting posts then !!!!
Glad it worked out for you.

I knew I had read that on here, but couldn't remember who said it.