cooler storage on swim platform

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Any of you ever rig something up to store your cooler on a swim platform. I have limited floor space and wanna store this on the plat form. It is built on and plenty big enough. I was thinking nylon straps would work....

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: cooler storage on swim platform

very common.... seen it done with bungee cords, nylon straps, and with brackets that screw down to platform

blairjbyrd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I wouldnt do it. I think you would just be asking for the water patrol to pull you over.

scipper77

Commander

I bungee. I wouldn't recommend trailering like this even though I do 40 on the water with my cooler back there.

Is your swim platform molded or wood?

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade

molded. I am going to work something out this weekend

dan t.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

and why would the water patrole pull you over? I seem to get a CG inspection every year weather I want it or not.I have a cooler in brackets on the swim platform held down with bunge cords,stays there all the time, the CG boys have never complained about it

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

no problem with properly attached cooler.

Philster

Captain

All appurtenances, essential and non-essential to navigation, must be properly secured.

So, it's a judgement call by the water cops.

Just don't jury rig it too bad, and if it appears to be secure, then you'll be fine.

Imagine an antenna fastened with duck tape and some rigging wire. While there is no official code that calls for x number of screws etc, the water cops would likely cite you.

Think like that with the cooler or anything (like a tube) that you secure down. Make it strong and make it appear nice, and it will never cause them to blink an eye.

204 Escape

Ensign

ezmobee, I have a double cooler set up for our boat, using that set up. Our 2 coolers fit under the sink in our deck boat. One of them was all that came with the boat. I used some matching carpet over some treated plywood, and mounted the "corners" to the plywood, thta way I didn't take a chance of running a screw through the bottom of the boat.

They work really well !!!