Oh No - Not Another Hydrofoil Thread

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
All the boats are water ready but the weather is not cooperating. On this rainy day I was reading through my stack of old magazines and came across a 1989 article on Hydrofoils. I found it interesting reading so I thought I would share.

Trailer Boats Magazine used to be the best! Their tests and comparisons have guided me to buy a number of things over the years.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

mikeroche

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Oh No - Not Another Hydrofoil Thread

i've been waiting for this i didn't want to be first,oh well,we went to the boston show.there were four boats that i saw ,old and new with the se 300 mounted on them. two boats were whalers,i was surprised.i have a grady,and i bought my se 300 last fall,after that show i was glad that i got mine,my 17ft starcraftcc was like riding in a bumpercar till i put a fin on it, i am a fan of the fins

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Re: Oh No - Not Another Hydrofoil Thread

The article predates my first fin by 5 years. When I first read it I was pleased because it confirmed that I bought the right one, and it verified my own data. Five boats in our family right now. Four have Doel Fins. The fifth is an old woodie that doesn't need one....they built boats better in those days!