Boat & Trailer Alignment help needed

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
27' Bayliner, Cabin Cruiser.<br />Float-on trailer about 34'<br /><br />Launching is no problem but haul out is different story.<br /><br />When the rig is out of the water, my winch tower is about 4 inches above the bow eyelet. When the trailer is in the water and I load the boat, the winch tower comes in contact with the bow and does some cosmetic damage. Then when I pull the boat out, the boat ends up about 2' further back on the trailer than it should.<br /><br />Its like the tongue of the trailer needs to be lower to the ramp. Right now it is about 2'up due to the height of my hitch. <br /><br />I know I need to lower my receiver on the truck to get the tongue lower, that will help some.<br /><br />Should I lower my winch tower, or just try to move it further foward on the tongue to compensate for the 2' difference for when its hauled out? Thanks......SS

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Boat & Trailer Alignment help needed

Howdy SS... I have the same problem, but mine only about 6" difference, not 2 feet.. :eek: <br /><br />I looked at the pics of your rig in the chat room picture page and could even see the damage you speak of.. Dang the black roller streaks... :mad: <br /><br />Lowering the tongue might help some, but I think you might still have a little bit of a problem...<br /><br />What i plan to do with mine is to use the winch stand only for the winch and not have a bow stop roller... Gonna cut all the bow stop roller buisness off and in place of the roller, I'm going to fab up a metal "V" with carpeted wood and place it lower down (below the bow eye).. I've seen this set-up on a few inboard ski boat trailers and a few bigguns like yours and it seems to work well... <br /><br />I'll throw some pics of the "V" part up on here when I get it done so you can see...

D

DJ

Re: Boat & Trailer Alignment help needed

SS,<br /><br />Two things to look at.<br /><br />1. The trailer should be level. If not, your hitch may be too high or low. A drop/lift drawbar may remedy that.<br /><br />2. Sounds like you're putting the boat trailer too deep in the water. That will make the stern go up and the bow down.