Our New Toy

blairjbyrd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
1994 Seadoo Speedster twin rotax engines. Just needs some interior work and it will be as good as new.

Any suggestions on a name for her?

SeaDoo1.jpg

Masonf24

Cadet
Re: Our New Toy

Oh god man I bought th 98 challenger just like that one. I paid 7200 for it 2 summers ago and ended spending 6 more thousand trying to fix it when it one engine failed. I hope your very good at working on motors cause o ouldnt keep my carbs cleaned but best of luck. I traded mine for a 5 thousand dollar motorcycle an to my knowledge the boat still doesn't run. I will never buy seadoo again.

Masonf24

Cadet

Maybe I just bought a lemon. Sorry my post wa all negative I just had the worst experience with that boat. It ran good for 3 months and it is a very fun boat. Go 30 an cut it as hard as you can and you will do a 360. Very fun boat if you keep it running. Good luck and sorry for being negative I know no one wanted to hear that after buying a boat:confused:

GXL205 Deke

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice SeaDoo! It ought to be a good time. Do a full go over with the mechanic and keep up with the maintenance without fail. If you gut corners you will get this other fellow's experience.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Hope all goes well for you with it.
They are however in the "top 3" most towed in marine craft around here. I do not know why though it could be lack of maintenance by the typical type of owners / users of them. One around here is called "Lack Of Space" by it's owner. I will get a photo of it next time I see it.

blairjbyrd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am going to go through it and clean the carbs and change spark plugs. I hope I dont have that many problems with it. I only paid $1500 for it.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

just wondering where exactly you could put a name on it,...and who would be able to see it with all the graphics and other stuff to read on it...how about "Clutter Hull " ??? :D best of luck with her ...!!!

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Yup, them boats is a major pain in the backside to maintain, but a riot on the water once you get the carburation right (for that day) and if you got good compression on all cylinders. Do not go far from shore until you are certain she's in good working order....I see a lot of them for sale around here..but very few on the water anymore.

Ian

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

I've had numerous jet boats, all a blast to drive! that 94 is a little odd, it has a somewhat oddball engine that wasn't really used in other PWC's. (other speedsters had either the 584 rotax or the 782/787 engines, all of which are dirt cheap and really common)

i'd combine the batteries into one large one, otherwise you get to have the expense of replacing two of those little ones every other year. (seems they never last longer than 2 years anyway!)

also have a mechanic change out stator oil, and hope there is no water in there currently. If there is, you have rust, and your bearings are shot. do NOT drive it in that condition if so, the repair bill only goes up.

JimMH

Petty Officer 1st Class

When they are running they are extremely fun! when they won't well, you know the story! My brother in law has one and keeping both engines running and in sync is a slight problem.