How much fuel

antique fisherman 1

Seaman Apprentice
If you disconnect the fuel line at the carburetor on a '66 50hp Chrysler motor, how much should come out with the starter spinning the motor?:confused:

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: How much fuel

It should pulse rather strongly. Squirt a couple of inches, not dribble. Enough that you would want the hose end in a container. If I remember correctly, the numbers quoted are 2psi at cranking up to 6 psi at running.

This assumes that the primer bulb was used to fill the fuel line and carb before removing the hose and cranking the engine. The fuel pump will NOT deliver enough fuel to self prime by cranking the engine.

antique fisherman 1

Seaman Apprentice

It should pulse rather strongly. Squirt a couple of inches, not dribble. Enough that you would want the hose end in a container. If I remember correctly, the numbers quoted are 2psi at cranking up to 6 psi at running.

This assumes that the primer bulb was used to fill the fuel line and carb before removing the hose and cranking the engine. The fuel pump will NOT deliver enough fuel to self prime by cranking the engine.
Thanks Frank
I figured that you could give me an answer if anyone could.

antique fisherman 1

Seaman Apprentice

This is my first time to rebuild a fuel pump and I don't have a manual. Does the gasket go oh the lower or upper side of the diaphragm? I am considering the lower side of the pump to be the part with the sediment bowl.
Thanks