Bellows 1986 Alpha One

old_dog

Cadet
I will be replacing drive shaft bellows, exhaust bellows,shift cable, and gimble bearing on my 1986 Alpha One Drive. In order to replace both the bellows will I need to remove the hinge pins on the bell housing? Or is it possible to do without removing them? Thanks

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
Re: Bellows 1986 Alpha One

You need to remove them. If you do not have the hinge pin removal tool, then a 1/2" allen wrench works fine. May need to apply some heat.

Fishermark

Vice Admiral

I would add that unless your exhaust bellows is just falling apart, I would reuse it. It doesn't matter if it leaks, and a new one is a bear to put on. You might consider an exhaust tube instead of the bellows as well.

ziggy

Admiral

yes you need to remove the hinge pins.
the bell housing needs to be pulled out of the way to work on the drive shaft bellows.

ya might consider doing the water hose while your right there. it ain't much fun to do, but you will be right there..

Aviator5

Chief Petty Officer

I will be replacing drive shaft bellows, exhaust bellows,shift cable, and gimble bearing on my 1986 Alpha One Drive. In order to replace both the bellows will I need to remove the hinge pins on the bell housing? Or is it possible to do without removing them? Thanks

I've done my bellows without renovin hinge pins.

old_dog

Cadet

I would add that unless your exhaust bellows is just falling apart, I would reuse it. It doesn't matter if it leaks, and a new one is a bear to put on. You might consider an exhaust tube instead of the bellows as well.

I have seen the "Exhaust Tube" so they are interchangable with the exhaust bellows? and the advantage is easier installation?

Bondo

Staff member

I have seen the "Exhaust Tube" so they are interchangable with the exhaust bellows? and the advantage is easier installation?

Ayuh,... Exactly...