buying a used drive???

chuckchang

Cadet
Hi there,

Is it a good idea to buy a used outdrive?? I saw one on ebay that i'd like to buy but seeing as i'm a novice boater/mechanic, not sure i should. It is a 1997 bravo 3 which was pulled due to a higher hp repower. owner says it works great, garantees it will work on my boat. Should i trust ebay on this??

Thanks for your advice!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: buying a used drive???

Should i trust ebay on this??

Ayuh,... Just as Anything else in Life,.. It's a Roll of the Dice...

zbnutcase

Commander

I'm with Bond-o on that one! If its too good to be true its prob a scam...buyer beware! 'nutcase

chuckchang

Cadet

well, not sure if its too good to be true, managed to get his price down to 1800$ without the props..so .... you tell me?

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Well...It is still a risk but if you use Paypal with a credit card setup on the account you can always dispute it if the drive is no good.

Wonder what an upgrade from a Bravo III was?

fishinpa

Petty Officer 1st Class

well, not sure if its too good to be true, managed to get his price down to 1800$ without the props..so .... you tell me?

How much with the props ?
Do you have props?
How much to replace them ?

as said if youre gonna buy at least use paypal so you have some kind of backing if things arent what they are described to be.......

fish

chuckchang

Cadet

Well...It is still a risk but if you use Paypal with a credit card setup on the account you can always dispute it if the drive is no good.

Wonder what an upgrade from a Bravo III was?

it was a high horsepower engine something like 450hp. bravo 3 cant handle that.

chuckchang

Cadet

How much with the props ?
Do you have props?
How much to replace them ?

as said if youre gonna buy at least use paypal so you have some kind of backing if things arent what they are described to be.......

fish

he doesnt have the props? (wonder why) but i can get a pair for under 1000$ and i also was planning on selling my now useless mirage stainless steel to help pay for the new prop.