check engine light.... buzzer

randy87

Cadet
I have a 1996 200 venom. When I put boat up last year it was running fine. Put it in the water this year and the check engine light and buzzer comes on sometimes. usally it comes on right after start up, buzzer goes off after about 20 sec. but light still on. goes off running down river most of the time. it doesnt effect the running of the motor it will still run 65 plus. it will come on then go off at different times. I check fuel lines they are good. sucked on the hose going to the anti siphon vaule seemed to be fine. should i still replace the anti siphon value? could it be the vacuum switch? need this thing fixed got a tourny this weekend. will it hurt to run it. sorry so long tryn to tell it all.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: check engine light.... buzzer

Check your manual for what the different combinations of beeps (buzzes) mean and yes it can destroy your motor by running it.

BUT, the system check tachs tend to malfunction and the alarms will sound for no reason. One day mine started buzzing continuously by just turning on the key, changed to another tach and it was fine. Check everything first though or it may cost you a few thousand when the motor tells you in more direct way what the problem is.