Vacation Time

rainman99

Petty Officer 1st Class
Do you have vacation plans? What is your favorite vacation places?
In May we are going to Oregon were I use to live to see our first grandchild. Favorite place Playa Del Carmen Mexico.:D

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Vacation Time

PSP World Cup (World Paintball Championships ) in Florida every October . It was always held at Disneys' Wide World of Sports but last year it was at Fantasy of Flight . I play in the tournament but we make a week of it and hit Disney , Universal ect.

gbb

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I like to go to Chincoteague, VA and fish for a week. Last week in May this year, hope to get some big flounder.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Little Torch Key, FLorida, every august. 2nd iboats campouts.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

my favorite places are southern Florida to visit my dad and the beaches, and the Great Smoky Mountains area for motorcycling.

no plans of traveling this year though. although it's still early.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Ocean City, MD. Been going every year since I was born. This will be the 2nd year taking the boat. Also the Starcraft get-together in June in VA. I started a new job 1.5 years ago and sadly don't acrue nearly the amount of vacation I had at the old one :(

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

We're the outdoor adventurous types and enjoy using & honing our survival skills...So once again we'll be vacationing right here in Detroit.:eek::D

Kidding aside, we luv staying here at home. quiet, no traffic to deal with, no crowds at the lake{s} during the weekdays not to mention much cheaper. Last time we went out of town for anything other than a funeral or wedding was probably 6-7 yrs ago, hasn't bothered either of us.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

we go to the Keys, no land line, cells off, no computer, only check massages once a day. fish, snorkel, swim, sleep. no agenda. great fresh seafood, and we do not eat out.

timdan94

Chief Petty Officer

Going on a cruise for our honeymoon/vacation this year. Going to the eastern Caribbean out of baltimore for 7 days. We went all out and got an extended balcony room. Kind of more expensive than we wanted to go but you only get married once.

mphy98

Lieutenant

My son and his friend and I are going to Canada a couple of time this year with the motor home and boat. 2nd trip my dad is coming with. A couple of other motor home trips with the wife and daughter and son to who knows where. Any suggestions that are within 700 miles of Chicago? Daughter is 9 son is 15.

Bigprairie1

Commander

We might be heading to the U.K for 3 weeks this summer to visit my brother-in-law and his family who live in Church Stretton. That said, his 20 year old son (my nephew) will be coming to stay with us this week for a few months and get some 'Canadian' experience...fresh out of the English countryside. His dad (Canadian) had the excellent wherewithal to ensure that all three kids had both British and Canadian citizenship and passports so their long term options are very good.:D
Aside from that...we might head down to Cuba or Mexico next fall and perhaps into the Okanagan or interior this summer.;)
BP:cool:

yote204

Cadet

When I was little my family always went north to the great north woods for vacation. Specifically Lake Vermillion in MN. As I grew up and went away to the army the tradition kind of faded. When I had my son I got to thinking that I wanted him to expirence the same kind of fun I used to have up there. You cant keep that kid out of a boat from about the age of 4, he loves to fish. Long story short we now got to a great resort on Lake of the Woods in Ontario. The name of the camp is Witch Bay Camp. If you love to fish they are the place to go. Nice rental boats and great owners and staff. If you are looking for a place that caters to the fishermen then they are where its at. I am lucky enough to have a family that loves to fish. This year will be our third trip up there. We are gonna go after some musky this time!

ezbtr

Commander

a week off next month, 1/2 time with son, and i may just dissappear for a few days on my own.
Then a week in July, perhaps see some family in S. CA..........just winging it............ :)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Jamaica for the daughters wedding in a little over a weeks time. A few long weekends at the cottage and the "family" week at the cottage in July, Either Dominican Republic or back to Jamaica in November for Mrs Ken's birthday. With that and the travel for work I will have a lot of time away from home again this year. Very thankful for the laptop.

ezbtr

Commander

Dominican Republic and Jamaica sound great!!! :)

aspeck

Staff member

Heading to Glaveston Island the end of April ... 10th Anniversary trip. Going to be in Great Smokies (Gatlinburg) the end of August. Have always enjoyed southern Florida (and fishing with Snapperbait). Favorite place to go is Kauai, Hawaii ... absolutely gorgeous island with lots of outdoor stuff to do, not very commercialized.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

My son and his friend and I are going to Canada a couple of time this year with the motor home and boat. 2nd trip my dad is coming with. A couple of other motor home trips with the wife and daughter and son to who knows where. Any suggestions that are within 700 miles of Chicago? Daughter is 9 son is 15.

you've probably been there but I'll throw it out anyway. Hiking and paddling in Baraboo at Devil's Lake. 9 and 15 should enjoy it. Can even try rock climbing if adventurous enough.

Beautiful place.

izoomie

Petty Officer 1st Class

We go to Norther Ontario, rent a different cottage every year on a different lake. I'll never see them all.