2560 Old Town Atlantis 1970

starsnstripers

Lieutenant
Was wondering if anyone has ever ridden in one of these classics and how well they handle snotty weather? I just aquired one and it's in great shape, i'm thinking about getting it going. It had a good 350 cu eng. and a OMC 800 drive thats a basket case so i may put a mercruiser setup in it. Anyone with any info/history/experience with this type boat i'd like to heqar from ya thanks. GREAT FIND!!! :D Dont be jelous Bondo, you have one! lol ;)

starsnstripers

Lieutenant
Re: 2560 Old Town Atlantis 1970

Here they are. Had to resize then to fit. :D

Attachments

• A 3.jpg
    A 3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1
  • A 2.jpg
    A 2.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 1
  • A 1.jpg
    A 1.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1

Dan Sweeney

Cadet

StarsnStripers,
I have owned my 1968 2560 for 3 years now. What a wonderful lady. Tough enough for the Massachusetts Coast to Stillwagon up to Maine where she was built. I have repowered with a 2003 350 OMC but retain the '68' OMC 800 I/O. 26ft LOA, 8ft beam. Built in Maine, for the Atlantic waters.
This is a one of a kind vessel. A true head turner everywhere she has taken me. She has been refitted and rebuild. She has given my family and friends 3 seasons of great times. She has a fantastic cockpit and a very comfortable Vberth with a flushing head. All new foam and vinyl.
The electrical has been redone with new fuse / circuit breaker boxes. Three bilge pumps, one of them electroninc.
The engine has less than 300 hours and less that 5 hours since the heads were removed, and professioanly ported and poliched with 3 angle valves. The outdrive shifts smoothly and is working perfectly. A 36 gallon tank will give a range of 180 miles with an hours reserve. She cruises at 20 mph at 3300 RPM burning 3.5 GPH. Top speed is 34 MPH.
I lobster every day, during the season from My to October and striper charter her also. She was rough when I got her from Cape Cod, but it is a joy to work on this boat when she needs it. You will become VERY familiar with the OMC power train, and will take a bit of ribbing form the sailors here on this board, all in jest as they are a jelous bunch when it comes to OMC and Oh no I/o's in general. You will find an abundance of parts avilable on many fronts. I use craigslist a lot and find some great deals, also the coast of New England is full of OMC stuff.

Happy sailing, good luck with her. Thanks for the pic's, good vessel.

Capt. Dan
Newburyport Massachusetts.

Last edited by a moderator:

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Congrrats on the find stars - those are gorgeous lines on her. Just looking at her and you know she'll be at home in some big bad water.

And 3.5 gph - that's incredible mileage on a craft that size, Dan. Have you got any more pics anywhere of your refit efforts?

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... Sounds like a Sweet package Capt. Dan,...

I guess I'd better get of my butt,+ finish the refit of Mine...

starsnstripers

Lieutenant

Yeah Bondo, get busy on that Atlantis! Dan is where i got the 10yr build period from as said in his 5th post in this thread. I'm going to get ahold of him because he fishes where i go to striper fish. Maybe we can get hooked up this late summer/fall for a striper fishing trip down there and get a look at his Atlantis.