Looking for Maroon/Grape Carpet for 87 Crestliner

JiMinneye

Recruit
Hi,
I just found this forum,looks great. I was going to search through the site to see if I could find an answer to my question but got overwelmed.
I am going to restore my 87 Crestliner Viking Deluxe. It has a Grape or Maroon colored carpet that I have been unable to find on line. The carpet on the sides of the boat are in excellent shape and I would like to keep it so am looking to match it when I replace the floor. The boats colors are maroon and gray so I thought about maybe using gray carpet on the floor if I can't find a match. Not sure how that would look though. I did check with Crestliner but they don't have it, the guy I talked to that takes care of the carpeting didn't work there back then and had never seen the color. Any help very appreciated. Thanks, Jim

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Looking for Maroon/Grape Carpet for 87 Crestliner

I'd go with the gray. Having had navy carpet in a boat, it always looked dirty. Even right after I cleaned it, one step into the boat from the ground and it looked horrible again. I would expect maroon to be just as bad. Gray, however, shouldldn't be too bad if you don't go too dark.