Havasu Striper Derby?

MRS

Commander
Does any body here ever fish the striper derby at Havasu? If you do not it is a blast I have fished it for 7 years now and have my first mate as a partner. Just wondering if any other iboats people are out there it is a family type of tournament and fun plus one of my oldest friend and all his kids with there kids fish it.

fishrdan

Admiral
Re: Havasu Striper Derby?

I've been thinking about it for the past couple years as it looks like it would be a fun time with my son. But,,, it conflicts with ice-off at Fish Lake, which we have been doing for the past 4-5 years.

How has the weather been there when you have gone? From what I remember, it was a scorcher last year, well for springtime at least.

Have you ever won anything? They have some weird slot system / lottery for prizes don't they?

MRS

Commander
Re: Havasu Striper Derby?

Ya they have slots for just about every group that you can enter but you can win your group and still win the overall if you have total weight for the two day total. We never get close to winning over all but have a big group of friends that go and have a blast we have won the blind bogey a couple of times (1,000 bucks) plus even if you do not catch a fish they always give away a boat anybody can win it is the finale raffle. Last year in the raffle I won a pflueger casting reel and a rod and a berkley soft case tackle box the boat this year is a Nitro X5 with a merc motor.
It is usally hotter than hot so no tent camping you need aircondition plus over the two days they do raffle a lot of stuff off.