25hp johnny tracker 1991

DaveyHAZZ

Petty Officer 1st Class
Got one of these with my new (to me) bass tracker boat. few things need to be fixed for it to be in good running order.

It doesnt pump water, so im assuming it needs a new impeller...any other ideas give me a shout.

The steering isnt frozen, but its hard to turn. Im thinking that could just be not enough grease or to the fact that it is semi cold out.It has 2 grease fittings, so i will apply grease and see how she moves.

The throttle isnt working right. wont go more then idle and go full speed in reverse. (it stops)..no problem with motor, just the way the controls are set up.

i WILL have pictures of my repairs and cleaning of this fine vessel.. stay posted!

thanks big d

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 25hp johnny tracker 1991

new impeller would be a good idea, but also makings sure the pee hose is not clogged, disconnect it at the block and blow it out both ways.

steering cable is starting to rust in the tilt tube, disconnect steering, get cable out of the tilt tube, test steering if it moves freely, clean tilt tube, grease and reattach.

disconnect cable at motor and see if motor linkage work correctly. the put motor in neutral, and at idle. set controls at neutral and idle. now adjust cables, with the trunion nut, to match the motor, with out moving motor linkage. you adjust cable to motor, NOT motor to cable.

DaveyHAZZ

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey thanks for all your advice. they guy did say it took like a min or 2 for water to come out.. so maybe she is clogged. i will check..also my auto choke is broken and leaks gas.gunna order a new one. the steering isnt bad right?i know there expensive.

DaveyHAZZ

Petty Officer 1st Class

also my sevice valve is split. leaks some gas..gunna have to replace that

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

sevice valve , do know what that is. won't know if steering bad until you remove the cable from tilt tube.

DaveyHAZZ

Petty Officer 1st Class

any advice on impeller change? Im gettin the kit friday. Never installed one before.looks quite simple.