Where to get a bow scuff plate..??

bmoga

Recruit
Anybody know where I could buy a bow scuff plate for my 1993 Four Winns Horizon 230..? Four Winns only lists them from 2005 to current, and my local dealer doesn't seem to be able to help. I'm in Houston, TX if that helps at all as it may need to be fabricated to fit. Pic below. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks everybody.

Attachments

• 5.21.09 - Just bought the boat 003 (web).jpg
    5.21.09 - Just bought the boat 003 (web).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 0

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: Where to get a bow scuff plate..??

Are you talking about where the bow meets the rollers? They make stainless steel ones that will fit about any boat but with the dual rollers on your trailer they would probably be too small.

bmoga

Recruit

Yes, that is what I'm talking about. And I also think this Four Winns model has a ridge in the hull that would need to be incorporated into the plate as well. That is why I think it would need to be customized or fabricated to specifically fit my boat, but I don't know. Suggestions..?

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

I got mine from here, this site, it is basically a thin stainless steel with a double sided adhesive backing. You simply shape it to the bow of your boat, clean the area, and apply it. I also put a bead of marine sealant around it to give it a nice look. As was mentioned with the double rollers you'll have to buy two and butt them together. Or go to a machine shop and get them to cut some stainless to your dimension. Get some high quality double sided adhesive..and voila! Good as new...

I got this one: http://www.iboats.com/ScuffBuster-t...9870363--**********.582399215--view_id.391907

Ian

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I used the same one as Fishy posted.Cleaned the area with acetone and shaped to my hull and stuck it down.
My hull has a ridge there also and the scuff guard fell off going down the freeway..money well spent...lol!

I got a buddy who is gonna fab up an aluminum one this summer and i will remove the bow eye and drill the plate to fit it.No way it can fall off then.
I will use some 5200 and the bow eye bolts and it should never move.

maxum2400sc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i got mine from the bass pro shop web site. it went on pretty easy

Attachments

• random%20pics%20005.jpg
    random%20pics%20005.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 0