Weird Transducer question

tomxdana

Seaman
I installed a new transducer last year. Installed it within manuf. specs. Worked great up to about 25 feet. After 25 feet it showed a bunch of noise. Marking at all levels. The markings happened at moving and at anchor. Below 25 feet seemed to work great even when up on plane. The depth part of it seemed to be working. I dropped anchor at 35 feet and measured rope and it was right on. It seems to show the bottom good and correct. Is the problem with the transducer, mount, or maybe the fishfinder itself? Any suggestions would be welcome. I know it should be used mostly to find structure and not to find fish but the noise is annoying.

Attachments

• DSC00095.JPG
    DSC00095.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 0

Moody Blue

Captain
Re: Weird Transducer question

Really hard to tell without seeing the screen but my first guess would be that the sensitivity is set too high.

What make and model unit do you have?

Moody Blue

Captain

Really hard to tell without seeing the screen but my first guess would be that the sensitivity is set too high.

What make and model unit do you have?

tomxdana

Seaman

Garmin 160c. The screen looks like there are marks all over the place. Up until 25 feet the screen is free of marks. Once over that its like I'm up on plane and the transducer kicked up and you get all the noise from the prop.