Alabama Boaters show your Boat tell us your Lake

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey where is all the Alabama boaters? What lake you guys on? Lets see your Boat.

I'm from Anniston, Logan Martin is my main water hole. I like to put in at Pell City park, I can leave the wife and kids when they get grumpy.

1988 SeaRay Servile 2.jpg

mitchell6

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Alabama Boaters show your Boat tell us your Lake

I'm from Tallapoosa Ga. but I have a lake lot down on Lake Weiss in Centre Al. been going there sence I was to small to remember bad thing is now day's the jet ski's are taking over and they don't seem to know anything about boater safty. Can't stand for somebody to try to ride my wake while i'm pulling someone behind the boat just to dangerous never know when they might fall but other than that I love Lake Weiss but if you don't know the lake you can get into some problems and ruin a good motor running up on the sand bars that don't look like they should be there

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I moved here from Franklin, Ga.
I know that lake, I don't like it at all for every reason you said and much more. That lake has cost me 2 props and a lower unit. come down to pell city you'll a lot more fun and enjoy you day without so many worries.

mitchell6

Petty Officer 3rd Class

LOL ya i'm seen alot of people that don't know the lake make a miss of there expensive boats but like I said I've been there for longer than I can remember not alot of places that I don't know about and pretty much know where to stay away from and what time of the year you can go through alot of places that you best not think about going after the water level drops any

Bama J

Cadet

I'm up here in Athens, enjoy cruising Wheeler and Wilson Lakes. I have a 95 Sea Ray Sundeck 240. Just ready for this weather to finally break to get her out there!

IMG_2032_1.jpg

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just ready for this weather to finally break to get her out there!

You can say that again....
This winter just seem so long and she keep fighting to break, but we are on the good side of winter now.

labguy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My family and I go to Smith Lake to play and to Lake Guntersville to fish. Here is my baby girl....

Boat1.jpg

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac261/labguy3636/Boat Pics/Boat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class

sweet, she's a pretty version of mine I have a 88 serville. Mine is an outboard thorough.

koko1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Lake Guntersville for me...There just about every weekend during the summer either fishing, boarding, or joy riding....I'm in a 07 Tahoe Q4 SF....

photojuw.jpg

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thats one nice ride, I'm not a Tahoe fan but thats a nice one they must have done some redesigning. I dont know its just sharp.

koko1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks Jonezin...I was not looking at buying a Tahoe but wanted something I could fish out of and have a little fun....It was between the Tahoe and Glastron and the Tahoe won out because it has a Motor warranty until 1014 along with a hull warranty until 2017 and was a few hundred dollars higher.

mitchell6

Petty Officer 3rd Class

koko1 I allmost bought that same boat even went as far as putting down a payment but before they got the other engine on it I wanted I found a good used one that I could pay cash for so it won out. It don't look the best in the world the clear coat is pilling from the top but she's payed for and runs like a top so can't complain. Lake Weiss for me but we do go over to Lake Wedowee ever once in a while

koko1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

koko1 I allmost bought that same boat even went as far as putting down a payment but before they got the other engine on it I wanted I found a good used one that I could pay cash for so it won out. It don't look the best in the world the clear coat is pilling from the top but she's payed for and runs like a top so can't complain. Lake Weiss for me but we do go over to Lake Wedowee ever once in a while

I am hoping it will be a good one.. I just bought it and have only been able to take it out for a test run when I did... This weather is starting to **** me off...I am hoping we can get a good weekend going with some actual sun...Before this I had a Bass Tracker and while it was a great fishing boat, that is what it was...My girlfriend wanted something we could take more people out in, still fish out of, and do all the other water sports....When I was younger my parents had a javelin Fish/Ski boat that I really liked so I think this will suit our needs perfectly.. The extended warranty is what really got me to buy it though, as that is unbeatable.

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class

mitchell6 It don't look the best in the world the clear coat is pilling from the top but she's payed for and runs like a top so can't complain

I know the feeling you forgot prayed for, I love my boat I wish I could make love to it have little Sea Ray babies,but it needs a face left. Interior has help up 22 years no rips or tears. Same old carpet no holds very well make boat. The sun and wear is taking its toll, I've been looking around for someone to paint and gel coat it as well have the interior redone. Haven t found anyone I trust yet.

In this day and age warranties are your best friend wish they had extended ones for old boats. Like I said its a sharp boat made me look twice. Is there a sun God we can talk to about getting some of his joy. But this is fine time to do my repairs and maintenance. I got a brand new teleflex gauge set with water pressure 83 bucks, maybe I can get my damn speedometer to work again. New water pump going in, T-stats and exhaust plate gaskets. So this weather is working for me not losing no fishing time due to maintence :D

Lake Wedowee, how it that even a lake? I think that's the second worst lake in the state. Evey time I go up there the water is always low you can only go right there by the docks. I'm about ready for some Ocean action.

Hey that's a thought would anybody be interested in going down to the gulf or the pan handle for the weekend?

mitchell6

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ya the only time we go to Wedowee is to see some friends of ours to many trees in there for my taste don't like not knowing the water i'm on. Growed up on Lake Weiss so I know it pretty well need to be there today and see if the crappie are biting yet

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Weather breaks and I cant to get the lake :mad:
Head Gaskets leaking waiting on the mail man. Always something....

Hey folks. We are down in Lower Alabama and usually frequent Eufaula, Lake Martin and sometimes ski/tube at Lake Jackson in Florala. We are looking at heading up to Guntersville in June just to see what's over the hill. Anyone familiar with the lake have any suggestions regarding the area and for a rental for 3 or 4 days? Thanks.

Attachments

• Reata.jpg
    Reata.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 0

koko1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey folks. We are down in Lower Alabama and usually frequent Eufaula, Lake Martin and sometimes ski/tube at Lake Jackson in Florala. We are looking at heading up to Guntersville in June just to see what's over the hill. Anyone familiar with the lake have any suggestions regarding the area and for a rental for 3 or 4 days? Thanks.

There are many places to stay but I would recommend Little Mountain Marina http://rvcampresort.com/littlemountain.aspx.. It is right on the water with many boat launches and has everything you need.. We stay at the resort right next to it but it is private and you have to buy a lifetime membership to stay there.. We are usually down there almost every weekend during the summer...If you need to know more about good fishing spots or spots for tubing, boarding, or skiing just let me know...You can also stay at the state park but it is a little more expensive and not as friendly to me..http://www.alapark.com/lakeguntersville/Cabins/

golf101

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm in Atlanta but very interested in buying a house/land on a lake in the northern half of Alabama. Would love lake recommendations because I've never been on any AL lake.

There are many places to stay but I would recommend Little Mountain Marina http://rvcampresort.com/littlemountain.aspx.. It is right on the water with many boat launches and has everything you need.. We stay at the resort right next to it but it is private and you have to buy a lifetime membership to stay there.. We are usually down there almost every weekend during the summer...If you need to know more about good fishing spots or spots for tubing, boarding, or skiing just let me know...You can also stay at the state park but it is a little more expensive and not as friendly to me..http://www.alapark.com/lakeguntersville/Cabins/

Thanks for the info koko1. Do you know if the cabins at Little Mtn Marina are on the water? I believe the ones at the state park are not. Would like to have the boat close by where we are staying. We are probably going to go with a rental house. Also appreciate the offer for suggestions for fishing and tubing spots. I will certainly take you up on that later as we have no knowledge of the area.