Don't miss out on this c-list deal!!!!!

jbjennings

Captain
THis boat needs some work, but the merc just needs a spark plug.......
:):)
I just had to laugh at this one. At least the seller is not so crazy as to ask too much for it!
I think that one spark plug thing is a little optimistic!!!!:eek:
Thought someone else might get a laugh at this one:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/1634558757.html

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Don't miss out on this c-list deal!!!!!

Unbelievable! Thanks for sharing that.
Where's the pictures of the "good" trailer?:)

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

is the mulch included in the price?

JustJason

Vice Admiral

It still amazes me to this day that some people don't even take the time to clean their "negative equity" crap before they try and sell it.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

"The motor is hydraulic"

Looks more like internal combustion to me

wonder what made that spark plug break in two like that?

Anyway, for $260 you have a classic Merc to fix up, and a rolling compost pile

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Man, JBJ, wish I hadn't read this post...headed east to the Big D area for spring break this Saturday and now I just HAVE to go check out this gem up close and in person. I could use another hull to work on, some prime mulch/compost and I have room in the shop for another motor...think he'd take $50 in confederate bucks?

jbjennings

Captain

:D
Honestly, he'd be better off giving it away to some poor soul that is ignorant enough to think that boat is salvageable. This brings new meaning to the phrase "the boat needs work"!! Heck, those hulls weren't that great when they were brand new. We always called them hog troughs. (I own one so I feel qualified to complain).
You might want to keep your confederate bills, Tim! ;)
Just for fun, what do you think it would take to get that merc in reliable running condition again? I'm thinking you could probably buy 3 working johnson/evinrudes for the price to get the powerhead turning on that merc.:)
Just a side note----my '74 3 cylinder 65 merc is running pretty darned good on my hog trough. I ran all over Caddo lake the other day and only used 6 gallons of gas as well. It starts easy cold, too! My OMC's must be rubbing off on him...
later,
JBJ

BTW, that rig has the start of a nice box to grow red wigglers in! Just add a few worms and a little corn meal........​

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

:D
Honestly, he'd be better off giving it away to some poor soul that is ignorant enough to think that boat is salvageable. This brings new meaning to the phrase "the boat needs work"!! Heck, those hulls weren't that great when they were brand new. We always called them hog troughs. (I own one so I feel qualified to complain).
You might want to keep your confederate bills, Tim! ;)
Just for fun, what do you think it would take to get that merc in reliable running condition again? I'm thinking you could probably buy 3 working johnson/evinrudes for the price to get the powerhead turning on that merc.:)
Just a side note----my '74 3 cylinder 65 merc is running pretty darned good on my hog trough. I ran all over Caddo lake the other day and only used 6 gallons of gas as well. It starts easy cold, too! My OMC's must be rubbing off on him...
later,
JBJ

BTW, that rig has the start of a nice box to grow red wigglers in! Just add a few worms and a little corn meal........​

Could take a lot, or a little, to get that Merc going again. Looks like it's been sitting outside uncovered, so it could get pricey real fast. I love my old OMC's but I know what you mean about those in-line Mercs...had a 73 Merc 500 50 hp inline-4 that I should'a kept. Easy keeper, nice on the gas, reliable and lots of power. Of course, I could get that rig, drag it home and get into worm ranching real easy...maybe that's an option for paying for my boat/motor addiction. Plan to get the Texas Maid out of mothballs soon...it's been sitting idle in the garage since the snow started flying back in November...another month and it should be warm enough to roll her out and start in again. Need to put a name on her, do the christening ceremony to appease Neptune/Poseidon, and put her on the water to test my forward gas tank refit...managed to get the 9-gallon tank secured in the bow and fuel line(s) plumbed to the transom to the Big Twins before I had to tuck her in for winter. My Choc Lab firstmate is getting restless, he stops and looks at the boat every time we walk through the garage...come on spring!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

is he paying $260 for us to haul it off.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

if he's paying in confederate $$, I'll think about it.