merc lifting eye

road.ripper

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i have a 70 merc 650
i was wondering if any one has the thread dimensions for a lifting eye for my engine, i can get one made for free, i just need the threads per inch and diameter.

road.

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: merc lifting eye

http://www.mbsmfg.com/mercury-mariner-honda-flywheel-puller-lifting-ring.html

Flywheel Puller with lifting eye and crank shaft protector for Mercury, Mariner, Force, Honda and some Yamahas outboard motors with 1 1/2"-16 threads. It is made professionally in the USA on state of the art CNC equipment with 100 % quality inspection.

This model has heavy duty, 5/8 - 18 precision Grade 8 fine threads on the pusher bolt and the lifting ring. A higher quality unit than the competition.

I'm in need of one too and this site claims to have one for $27...and they include the dimensions. I can't promise these are correct for a '70 but I may measure to double check.

I have a 1971 85hp that I need to remove to rebuild my transom so I will be ordering this. I can let you know if the dimensons are correct if I get it:)

road.ripper

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: merc lifting eye

hi those thread details are correct i had one made and it worked perfectly, i also had a flywheel puller nut made too , kinda like the one in your link.
road.