my new alaumacraft F7

alumadude

Cadet
My first post.
Bought this 81 F7 from a fellow in Fargo ND(I live in Mpls). His dad bought it new for he and his brother to use. Sat in his parents then his garage for years. I am looking forward to fishing this summer. My wife is looking forward to using it as a swimming platform as we sold our Starcraft SuperSport last summer.
I wanted to build a casting platform in the bow area. My wife vetoed that idea, saying "that's where I sit". Might try some kind of platform in the middle. No other modifications are planned.

Gonna use a 9.5 evinrude that I bought at a garage sale.

Aqualad

Cadet
Re: my new alaumacraft F7

It's July....has the snow melted yet? :D

I'd like to see pics of your F7 because I have an F6 and I would like to compare models.

alumadude

Cadet
Re: my new alaumacraft F7, here's pics.

Re: my new alaumacraft F7, here's pics.

The snow is long gone. When we took it out in March for the first time. My wife noticed we had water coming in. I looked all round saw nothing. She said it looked like a fountain, under my the seat. I looked underneath. I saw a mini geyser erupting from a teeny hole. Patched it with JB weld. No more leak.

The plastic inserts in the oarlocks needed to be replaced(when did they switch from brass to plastic?). Called around and found none. Called Alumacraft. The gal on the phone said she didn't think they had anything for a boat that old.
I said "Old! It's an '81,... not a '51!" She transferred me to parts dept. They had them. No big deal. I think they were about 25 cents each.

Been using it. Made a removable platform for the bow.

Attachments

• alumacraft 001.jpg
    alumacraft 001.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 0
  • alumacraft 008.jpg
    alumacraft 008.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 0
  • alumacraft 002.jpg
    alumacraft 002.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 0
  • alumacraft 003.jpg
    alumacraft 003.jpg