Vinyl gutter guards

i386

Captain
I bought 3 4' pieces of vinyl gutter guard from the big orange store. They are about $3.50 a piece. These are the solid white ones that have the little slits for the water to flow into. They were a little tricky to install, but I finally got the hang of it. After installing, I turned the garden hose on the roof to test. Most of the water flowed right over the guards instead of into the gutter. These would keep leaves out of the gutters, but defeat the purpose of having gutters from what I saw. YMMV.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Vinyl gutter guards

In a heavy rain the water will come off the roof and fly right past your gutter,try sprinkling the water on the roof and it should (water) wrap around and go into the gutter the one thing it will do is keep the leaves and pine needles out,ever been on a big water slide 1st bump you stay on the slide 2nd bump you get some air 3rd and 4th well you know what you are hoping for,well the same sort of thing with those gutter guards,the question is clean gutters 2 times a year or have a small moot :D

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Vinyl gutter guards

At the same store you can buy 20' rolls of plastic mesh which pop into the ridge of the gutters, making an arc above the gutters to stop leaves, but still keeping the full use fo the gutter. I use them on my house and haven't had a leaf issue in two years (and I have tons of hardwoods). The best part, each 20' roll is only about $3.